Marine Planning Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement Project
Improving Stakeholder Engagement for the South West Marine Plan – Funded by the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) launched this project in 2017 to engage more effectively with a wider range of stakeholders, and to strengthen the development of the English marine plans. The Severn Estuary Partnership and other coastal partnerships around England, worked with the MMO on a programme of activities and materials to improve stakeholder engagement for the South West Marine Plans, the plan which is most relevant for the Severn Estuary and its communities and stakeholders. During the project, SEP hosted stakeholder engagement workshops, created new materials to support communications and engagement, and commissioned an animation introducing stakeholder to the marine plans, explaining how they work and how they are relevant to coastal stakeholders.
- Expand MMO database of stakeholders with an interest in the marine area and gain insights into their drivers and motivations to engage in planning.
- Produce a Behavioural Analysis Report
- Enhance Communications and Engagement Plans with input from coastal partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to raise awareness, and deliver enhanced outreach engagement to all stakeholders, including ‘hard to reach’ stakeholders who are not meaningfully engaged with the planning process.
- Deliver a wide range of workshops to engage ‘hard to reach’ stakeholders in marine planning (with coastal partnerships).
- Deliver a wide range of workshops to enhance engagement of stakeholders in cross-border marine planning (with coastal partnerships).
- Produce new materials to support communications and engagement of stakeholders (with coastal partnerships).
Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement Workshops
For more information on marine planning in the Severn Estuary visit:
You can read the project summary here: