SEP Member Tickets – £45
Non-SEP Member Tickets – £55
Student Tickets – £25
This engaging event is intended for all those who are interested in learning about the latest research and policy developments involving the Severn Estuary and its future, and guarantees a lively and informative day of presentations and talks.
Connecting with Our Estuary’s Past – Chaired by Andrew Marvell, Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust
- Restoring the Heritage of the Lower Severn Vale Levels – Miriam Woolnough, A Forgotten Landscape
- Discovering the Heritage of the Severn Estuary: The Newport Medieval Ship – Dr Toby Jones, Newport City Council
- Recapturing, Enhancing and Celebrating the Gwent Levels – Alison Boyes, Living Levels Project
Our Estuary’s Resources – Chaired by John Harrison, Severn Estuary Partnership
- Aggregate Dredging in the Severn Estuary – Ed Skinner, Tarmac Marine, British Marine Aggregate Producers Association (BMAPA)
- Challenges and Opportunities of Working Alongside the Severn Estuary – John Phillips, Associated British Ports
- Developing the Tourism Offer for a Sustainable Severn – Gerwyn Evans, Visit Wales
- Assessing the Value of Severn Estuary Habitats as Nurseries for Juvenile Fishes: Concepts and Approaches – Dr Ben Ciotti, University of Plymouth
Planning For Our Estuary’s Future
- Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement: Reflections on Marine Planning in the South West – Marine Management Organisation
- Cross-border Marine Planning & the Welsh National Marine Plan – Welsh Government
- Catchment Sensitive Farming on the Somerset Levels and Moors – Steve Marston, Natural England
- Severn Estuary Partnership: 2018 Round Up – Lucy Taylor, Severn Estuary Partnership
CLICK HERE to get your tickets.
This year we are delighted to be sponsored by Associated British Ports, The Bristish Marine Aggregates Producers Association (BMAPA) and the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University.
The event is also supported and promoted by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Any questions, please get in touch at Severn@cardiff.ac.uk or phone the office on 02920 874713. We look forward to welcoming you to Newport!